Submitted by Simon Burnell on Sat, 18/06/2011 - 14:02
Useful weather resources...
- XC Weather
- Free site with data from METARS and Buoys. Aberporth airfield and buoy give reasonable readings for Mid Wales.
- Aberporth Buoy
- Aberporth Buoy located a few miles offshore from Mid Wales
- Rain Today?
- Good site for checking if rain is going to spoil your day. Much better than Met Office rain maps.
- Aberystwyth RNLI Station
- RNLI Weather Station on Aberystwyth Prom by the harbour
- Skylink Weather
- Same data source as XC weather.
- Llyn Llydaw weather station
- Weather station at Llyn Llydaw on Snowdon.
- Ogwen Valley Weatherstation
- Weather Station run by Ogwen Valley Mountain Rescue.
- Wendy Windblows
- Network of weather stations with access by subscription or premium phone lines. Has no stations in Mid Wales.
- Trawsgoed Webcam
- Scanning webcam of the sky over the Met Office station at Trawsgoed (nr Aberystwyth). Weather data from this station are of little use for flying due to it's sheltered location.
- Snowdon Webcams
- Two webcams in Eryri.
- Oggy Cam
- Webcam run by Ogwen Valley Mountain Rescue.
- Accuweather for Snowdonia
- A relatively new site with very useful forecasts.
- RASP Thermal Strength Forecast
- Map of UK providing Regional Atmospheric Soaring Prediction forecasts.
- RASP Blipspot Forecast
- Another site providing local RASP forecasts based on British Gliding Association turning point locations.
- Metcheck for Aberystwyth
- WindGuru for Anglesey
- BBC Weather Centre's forecast for Wales
- Multimap.com's forecast for Aberystwth